FLYERS AT 2013 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: MONDAY UPDATES
* In their first game at the World Championships, Team Canada had to scramble to recover from a bad first period against Denmark. The Canadians weren't quite as fortunate against Switzerland yesterday, settling for one point in a 3-2 shootout loss.
Philadelphia defenseman Luke Schenn led all players on Team Canada with
See original here: Bill Meltzer
2013 IIHF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS: FLYERS UPDATES
* Russia had little trouble dispatching Latvia by a 6-0 score. Ilya Bryzgalov earned a 15-save shutout.
* Denmark threw a scare into Canada, holding a 1-0 lead and holding even in shots through the first intermission and early portion of the second period. Two closely spaced second period goals for Canada turned the tide o
Original post: Bill Meltzer
As it turns out, I’m a sucker for the NHL playoffs even when the Flyers aren’t playing. It’s the best playoffs of all, and I simply can’t get enough. I love the sport too much to tune out like a petulant punk because my team had a disappointing season and missed out on the tournament NHL Playoffs Are Here; Examining the Flyers - Broad Street Buzz - Broad Street Buzz - A Philadelphia Flyers Fan Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and More
Read the rest here: Broad Street Buzz
IIHF World Championship Updates
* Coming off a breakout season for the Flyers in the NHL, Jakub Voracek picked right up where he left off as he joined Team Czech Republic for its opening game at the 2013 IIHF World Championships. With the Czechs on 5-on-3 power play midway through the first period, Voracek skated in from the right half boards, received a pass from Radim Vbrata and ripped the pu
See the original post: Bill Meltzer
The Toronto Maple Leafs, currently in their first playoff run since 2004, will face off against the Philadelphia Flyers in a preseason game at Budweiser Gardens on Sunday, September 15 at 6:00pm, presented by Scotiabank. Tickets will go on sale on...
Go here to read the rest: Flyers Recent Headlines
IIHF Worlds Get Underway
The 2013 IIHF World Championships kick off today, with three of the 10 participating Flyers players in game action. The tournament is taking place in Helsinki and Stockholm. Today's schedule (all times in EDT):
10:30 a.m. Czech Republic (Jakub Voracek) vs. Belarus
1:15 p.m. Finland vs. Germany (Marcel Noebels)
2:15 p.m. Sweden (Erik Gustafsson) vs. Switzerland
Excerpt from: Bill Meltzer
The IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships are set to kick off in Sweden and Finland on Friday May 3 with 16 teams competing for the title. Of the 16 teams, 10 players from the Flyers organization will be competing in the annual world tournament from...
Read more: Flyers Recent Headlines
2013 Off-season: Upgrading Top D Pairing Is Easier Said Than Done
The more I look at the NHL's likely off-season marketplace, the more firmly I believe that it going to be exceptionally difficult for this team to immediately satisfy the need to upgrade the top defense pairing and come up with an immediate succession plan for Kimmo Timonen as the team's most pivotal blueliner.
There is not a
Original post: Bill Meltzer
MORREALE LOTTERY MOCK DRAFT
1. Colorado Avalanche - Seth Jones, D, Portland (WHL)
He was introduced to the game by Joe Sakic, so it's fitting the defender with great ability has chance to join the Avs
2. Florida Panthers - Nathan MacKinnon,...
See original here: Flyers Recent Headlines
AGENT DENIES FEDOTENKO-TO-KHL REPORTS
Yesterday, there were several reports in the Russian media that Ruslan Fedotenko has signed a three-year deal with Ukraine-based KHL team Donbass Donetsk. The Ukrainian forward played for Donbass during the NHL lockout, centering the club's top line.
Fedotenko's NHL agent, Allan Walsh, tweeted a denial of the reports later in the day: "There is no truth
See the article here: Bill Meltzer